Rules, Do's, Don'ts & Tips
Tips To Help You Have A Safe & Successful Investigation
Management has the right to
refuse entry to anyone.
If any of the following rules are broken, you will not be allowed admission to the facility and/or will be required to leave the property immediately.
No one under 18 with proper photo ID
You will NOT be allowed in if you are wearing open toed shoes, flip flops or sandals of any kind!!
Everyone is required to go on
the one hour (approximate)
historical/paranormal tour prior
to the investigation.
Park in the lot off of Bethany Center Road.
Look for the ENTRANCE sign hanging above
There are no refunds. No exceptions.
- If you show up under the influence of alcohol or drugs or if management suspects you are, you will be refused entry and required to leave the property.
- No screwdrivers, leatherman tools, swiss army knives, Stun Guns, knives, guns, pepper spray, mace, or weapons of any kind are allowed on the property or in the buildings. State Police and Sheriffs will be called immediately!
- You must wear closed toed shoes, preferably sneakers or boots. No Flip Flops, open toed shoes, high heals or bare feet.
- No outside food or beverages - this includes energy drinks, water, coffee, energy bars, - anything digestible.
- No smoking in the building - only in designated area outside.
- No chewing tobacco allowed inside or outside the building or anywhere on the property.
- No lighting of anything in the building including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, candles, incense, sage, etc.
- No pushing or riding of wheelchairs up and down the ramps.
- Do not take anything out of any of the rooms. Period. Not to use as trigger objects, not to bring home, not for any reason.
- No yelling, running, screaming, horseplay, slamming of doors or windows.
- Do not bring or leave any biodegradable (cookies, candies, flowers, etc.) for the spirits.
- Crossover of Spirits, Exorcisms, Blessings, Cleansings, Clearings, Bindings, Séances, Black Magic, Table-tipping,or any other ritual, are NOT allowed. The use of Ouija Boards is strictly prohibited. Negative Provoking will not be tolerated, and you will be asked to leave.
- Please ask in advance if you are planning a filming project as some restrictions and charges may apply. Evidence may be used on You Tube and on team sites, without penalty.
- No Miners Head Lamps
- No Walkie-Talkies (except on Quarantined)
- Park in the Bethany Center Road parking lot. Wait outside the Entrance Ramp.
- Bring your Payment Confirmation/Receipt and ID. No one will be allowed in without the Confirmation/Receipt.
- Do not walk around the rear of the property. Stay off any flat roof areas.
- All Hunts - Arrive between 7:30 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. Entry is at 7:45 p.m. unless otherwise posted on the calendar. CHECK EACH SPECIFIC DATE FOR SPECIFIC HOURS.
- NO LATE ENTRY.
What To Do
- Be courteous to fellow investigators
- Be respectful of your surroundings
- Be friendly and helpful to those around you - i.e. if someone is having difficulty or is unsure about a piece of equipment, etc. offer assistance.
- Make certain your cell phone is OFF or in Airplane mode only - so as not to interfere with KII Meters and other equipment.
- Listen to your Team Leader. If they put restrictions on areas to investigate, etc. its usually because they have your safety and best interest in mind.
- Bring Cash for beverages, snacks, t-shirts and other items. (Coffee is complimentary. Water & Soda are $1.00, Energy Drinks - $3.00 and Snacks are $1.00 to $3.00).
- Keep food & beverages in designated area only.
What To Bring
- A Friendly Attitude
- Flashlight- a small, 1" in diameter Mag light is preferred and/or one with a red filter,
- Extra Batteries
- Glow sticks
- Small First Aid Kit
- For best results, dress in layers. Old buildings tend to be poorly insulated- be sure to bring extra clothing for both cold & warm weather such as sweatshirts, rain gear, etc.
- Lens Wipes
- Air Ion Counter
- Analog Audio Recorder
- Digital Audio Recorder
- Digital Camera
- Dowsing Rods
- EMF Detectors
- Extra Batteries
- Film Camera
- Full Spectrum Camera
- Gauss Meter
- infrared Digital Thermometer
- Infrared Motion Detection Camera (also known as a wildlife camera)
- KII Meters
- Multi-Camera DVR System
- Paranormal Puck
- Shack-Hack (Franks Box)
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Tri-Field Meter
- Video Camera
What Not To Bring
- Alcohol or Drugs!
- A Bad Attitude
- Miners Head Lamps (they cause light flares & interfere with others cameras and tend to ruin photographs).
What Not To Do
- No Drugs
- No Smoking
- No Drinking of alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hrs prior to or during an investigation.
- No Flip Flops
- Never investigate alone.
- Don't be grumpy or have a bad attitude.
- Don't wander away from your group
- Don't shout or make loud noises - as others may be conducting EVP sessions.
- Never remove anything from a location that doesn't belong to you
- Do not cut, adhere, affix, or damage the property in anyway
- No Littering - use appropriate trash receptacles
What Not To Wear
- Do not wear high heels or open toed shoes.
- Do not wear clothing with any kind of reflective surfaces.
- Do not wear clothing that makes noise, such as windbreaker material, corduroys, hard soled shoes (that make clicking sounds)
- Do not wear any jewelry that is big and flashy.
- Do not wear perfume or cologne.
- Do not chew gum or mints
Don't fret if you don't have all of this equipment. Any basic camera- digital or film is fine. If you'd like to try your hand at capturing EVPs (electronic voice phenomenon) Radio Shack and Target have some for very inexpensive digital recorders under $25.
Cell phone cameras and Cell Phone Audio Programs have been known to capture some really interesting EVPs and photos, though they will interfere with KII meters and other equipment, unless Airplane mode is implemented.
We are thrilled by all the
interest in Rolling Hills Asylum and LOVE meeting the people who come
to investigate or even just out of curiosity. However, please keep in
mind this private property and is owner occupied!
So please, be respectful and
refrain from wandering about the property at whim. If you are driving
by, feel free to take pictures from the front steps of the infirmary but
please do not stroll about the property like it is a public park.
Our dogs wander the property freely and you risk getting bit or worst.
Please understand this is
private property and my family LIVES here. The dogs are secured during
hunts and tours but the rest of the time they are free to enjoy their
RHA is not public property it
is private property and privately owned. We open it up to the public on
select dates for people to enjoy and learn about the history and the
All we are asking for is a
little respect. After all, we'd never pull up to your house, get out of
the car, an begin strolling around your property, back, yard, barns or
garages. It just isn't appropriate and it's trespassing.
Always check a location's
website for details, rules and regulations - that way you will avoid
problems with owners, authorities or the police.
© Rolling Hills Asylum™ all rights reserved